A weekend ago was extraordinary, the sun was out all finished London and the climate was somewhat fresh. I cherish these February days in London when despite everything I need to wear layers of garments yet some way or another I can’t go out without my shades. This place me in such a decent temperament, to the point that I chose to cook something summery and I mean, light and brilliant!
Keep in mind the fennel and orange tagine I made a year ago? This tagine was so top notch and delightful, it influenced me to love fennel significantly more! From that point onward, I’ve been considering a potential fennel and orange serving of mixed greens yet I never really made it. I at last found the motivation to influence it to a weekend ago to commend the radiant and fresh days in front of us.
I endeavored to keep the serving of mixed greens truly easy to save the essence of the shaved fennel and orange portions; I included a lot of herbs, a touch of red onions and walnuts. Basic, light and brimming with flavors.
I matched my serving of mixed greens with customary Moroccan chicken kebabs (or sticks). The kebabs are enhanced with a lot of garlic, turmeric and powdered ginger.
The serving of mixed greens and the kebabs work superbly together, I prescribe having them with some couscous or quinoa on the off chance that you are exceptionally ravenous. Give the sun a chance to sparkle in your kitchen and get cooking!
- 500 gr boneless chicken breast
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic, about 2 cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ ground black pepper
- Slice the chicken breasts into bite-sized chunks and transfer in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together giving them a good stir.
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge to marinate for 2 to 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, thread the pieces of chicken onto skewers.
- Put a pan (or a chargrilled pan) on high heat and wait for it to become very warm.
- Place the skewers on the pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side, turning every now and then to get nice and golden on all sides. Serve warm.